Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The Global Warming Myth receives a huge hit

  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    The Global Warming Myth receives a huge hit

    Blog: Science
    Blogger Finds Y2K Bug in NASA Climate Data
    Michael Asher (Blog) - August 9, 2007 11:49 AM


    My earlier column this week detailed the work of a volunteer team to assess problems with US temperature data used for climate modeling. One of these people is Steve McIntyre, who operates the site climateaudit.org. While inspecting historical temperature graphs, he noticed a strange discontinuity, or "jump" in many locations, all occurring around the time of January, 2000.

    These graphs were created by NASA's Reto Ruedy and James Hansen (who shot to fame when he accused the administration of trying to censor his views on climate change). Hansen refused to provide McKintyre with the algorithm used to generate graph data, so McKintyre reverse-engineered it. The result appeared to be a Y2K bug in the handling of the raw data.

    McKintyre notified the pair of the bug; Ruedy replied and acknowledged the problem as an "oversight" that would be fixed in the next data refresh.

    NASA has now silently released corrected figures, and the changes are truly astounding. The warmest year on record is now 1934. 1998 (long trumpeted by the media as record-breaking) moves to second place. 1921 takes third. In fact, 5 of the 10 warmest years on record now all occur before World War II. Anthony Watts has put the new data in chart form, along with a more detailed summary of the events.

    The effect of the correction on global temperatures is minor (some 1-2% less warming than originally thought), but the effect on the U.S. global warming propaganda machine could be huge.

    Then again -- maybe not. I strongly suspect this story will receive little to no attention from the mainstream media.

    http://www.dailytech.com/Blogger+Fin...rticle8383.htm
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Global Warming Myth receives a huge hit

    The only good explanation of "global warming" is that the sun is going into a normal cycle of higher than normal activity. This will all go back down in a couple of years. Back in the 70's they were talking about the next ice age. It is def. the freakin government trying to rule our lives by the means of propaganda.
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Global Warming Myth receives a huge hit

    Notice every time someone argues against global warming, those who believe in it make the comeback "well what about the ice caps?"
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Global Warming Myth receives a huge hit

    Well? What about the ice caps?

    There's more than just ice caps though, arguing with the wrong people man haha. Global "warming" is occurring at a rapid rate, the issue is whether this is some natural cycle that as LCAS mentioned will revert back or is it mainly human induced. That's the question. Most likely it's the first, or at lest that's what I believe now. Sorry Weather channel [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Global Warming Myth receives a huge hit

    I'm not sure really whether or not global warming is real. I mean it seems unlikely but then again it does seem likely. I haven't seen enough to really determine for myself whether or not I believe it to be true.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Global Warming Myth receives a huge hit

    The temperature reading on Mercury , Venus , and also mars have been on the rise in the past 5 years and as far as I know there are no living organisms on these planets so I really dont believe that we are causing the temperature rise. I will agree though that we are not helping the environment by puitng some of the synthetic materials into our world that the earth cannot get rid of in natural means.
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: The Global Warming Myth receives a huge hit

    Interesting info. I think most studies are like politics, they are bought by groups before they run for office. I saw some figures on acid rain once that said the acid content of a million year old , melting glacier was higher than what was falling in today's acid rain.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member namaste1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2007
    Posts
    67
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Global Warming Myth receives a huge hit

    Take a trip to Alaska and you will see first hand the effects of global warming. The locals will tell you about perma frost melting and houses which are built on it simply falling apart. I was there last summer and glaciers are melting. Every tour we took made mention of the changes. They will also discuss the problems of the polar bear. I understand things are used as political propaganda and made to seem worse but there is a truth to this that is alarming when seen in person.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    377
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Global Warming Myth receives a huge hit

    I was under the impression from my old college astronomy class that the sun goes through cycles of increasing and decreasing activity (and especially solar flare activity) that average out about every 11 or so years. I'm sure mankind has contributed to the problem, but I don't think it is entirely our fault. That being said, IMO if we don't begin to get control of the worldwide pollution levels we could potentially push the environment too far so that it will become impossible for the natural controls to prevent a real catastrophe. This becomes even more probable with the ever growing population of man and the increasing industrialization of the supposed economic '3rd world' countries lead by China. I'm no Al Gore, but we really need to clean up our collective acts for our children's sake. I'd hate to think that these beautiful mountains that I cherish could all become a distant memory or just some blurb on a child's history disk sometime in the not so distant future. Enough of my soap box yammering.
    ......and I thought truth was universal. Silly me......

  10. #10
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Global Warming Myth receives a huge hit

    the fact that its 62 degress in NJ today and its the middle of august is plenty to tell me that there is no such thing as global warming
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •